Posted on 04 October 2018.
Translated by George Monteiro
It is absurd to construe poetry, absitively Elizabeth Bishop, but conceivably alone one aspect of a composition can be translated at a time, and anniversary composition needs several translations.1 So actuality are thirteen attempts fabricated to construe an untitled quatrain by Vergílio Ferreira. I chock-full at thirteen in admiration to Wallace Stevens and his composition “Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird.”
Reabre o céu depois de uma chuvadano azul do dia.e o azul do nadacom que se fazem os deuses e a poesia.2
1. Following torrential rain sky afresh opens out to daytime blue. That dejected which is the nothing out of which we appearance the gods and our poetry.
2. Following the torrential rain the sky reopens to its daytime blue. It is the dejected of that nothing which gives us gods and poems.
3. Afterwards the cloudburst the sky resumes its daytime blue. It is the nothing, that blue, out of which we appearance gods and poetry.
4. The cloudburst breach open to sky blue. That dejected nothing that gives us balladry and gods.
5. The sky, afterwards the downpour, returns to its aurora blue. It is the dejected of the nothing out of which balladry and the gods accomplish themselves.
6. Once afresh afterwards the adamantine rain skies breach alternating in daytime blue. It is that dejected of nothing from which the gods and balladry are made.
7. Cascades of rain followed by a sky of aurora blue, the dejected void that gives us gods and poems.
8. The skies afresh accessible after torrents of rain to the dejected of day. It is the dejected of the nothing from which arise gods and poetry.
9. The sky breach through to daytime dejected afterwards cascades of rain. It is the dejected of the nothingness out of which is fabricated gods and poems.
10. The sky’s aurora blue bursts through afterwards adamantine rainfall. The dejected of the abandoned that substantiates balladry and the gods.
11. Daylight’s ablaze blue follows abundant rainfall. The void’s blue, the raw material for inventing our gods, our poems.
12. Afterwards the rainstorm dejected skies the blush of the nothing that gives us gods and poetry.
13. Adamantine aloft cloudburst rain breach alternating skies of blue. It’s the dejected of the void actuality of gods and poems.
1 Elizabeth Bishop, “The Manipulation of Mirrors,” Elizabeth Bishop and Her Art, ed. Lloyd Schwartz and Sybil P. Estess (Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1983), p. 283.2 Vergílio Ferreira, Conta-Corrente (1977-1979) (Lisboa: Livraria Bertrand, 1981), p. 26.
Summitted by George Monteiro Professor Emeritus of English at Brown University.
Photo: Miradouro da Boa Nova (antigo Farol) Leça da Palmeira, Portugal (retrieved)
12 Doubts You Should Clarify About Resume English Translation | Resume English Translation – resume english translation
| Welcome to help my own blog site, in this particular period I will teach you in relation to resume english translation
. And after this, this can be the initial picture: