A bounded ancestor says he paid added than $60,000 to an clearing casework aggregation in the hopes of bringing his fiancé and her accouchement to the U.S. But instead of active appropriately anytime after, he says his money and his assurance are gone.
John Kotronis says he capital to arise advanced to acquaint others about the man at the centermost of this, Joseph Liebman. And the 7 Investigators accept abstruse Liebman has aloof been arrested again.
It was a bout fabricated from 8,000 afar away. Kotronis says he met the adulation of his activity on online. Afterwards months of talking and texting, he flew to the Philippines to accommodated Jean in person.
“We were inseparable for over two weeks and by the time I left, I went to a adornment abundance and I proposed in a adornment abundance to her,” said Kotronis.
When he alternate home to Livonia, Kotronis fabricated it his mission to accompany Jean and her two accouchement to the U.S. Kotronis abstruse that his abutment acknowledged casework do not handle clearing work, so he says they appropriate he try a business accepted as Michigan Clearing Casework (aka Clearing Casework of Michigan, aka NooJoom) that was aboriginal amid in Westland but has aback confused to Detroit.
And that’s area Kotronis says he met Joseph Liebman.
“He said for $7,000, I’ll booty affliction of everything,” said Kotronis.
“So, you thought, if I accord him this money, they will become citizens,” asked 7 Investigator Heather Catallo.
“Yeah, he’s activity to do the accomplished thing, guaranteed,” said Kotronis.
But Kotronis says that $7,000 angry into demands for added and added money to administer for the visas.
In a “video receipt” provided to the 7 Investigators, Liebman said this:
“My name is Joseph Liebman, this is John Kotronis… April 30th he’s accustomed me a absolute of $14,000 banknote in a anchored bag brought to booty affliction of all his clearing casework and alteration of paperwork. This will serve as a receipt, a exact receipt. He accustomed a accounting cancellation and additionally get a accessory cancellation aback I get aback from the airport.”
In all, Kotronis has receipts for added than $60,000 that he says he handed over to Liebman. To pay for that, Kotronis says he took out a additional mortgage and alike adopted money from his son’s academy account.
“He took aggregate from me, my son, my family,” said Kotronis through tears.
Kotronis says afterwards months of accepting the run about from Liebman, he assuredly declared U. S. Citizenship and Clearing Services, or USCIS, and got some adverse news: no acceptance applications were anytime filed.
“This guy looked on three altered computers… He said, ‘your name doesn’t arise anywhere and your amusing aegis cardinal doesn’t arise anywhere.’ Afterwards all this money, my affection aloof sank,” said Kotronis.
So Kotronis went to the Westland Brand Department, and detectives launched an investigation.
Liebman has a diffuse bent history that dates aback to 2005. The 32-year-old is a bedevilled blackmailer who’s gotten in agitation at atomic alert for declining to annals his address, and he’s been begin accusable of bent impersonation. According to columnist letters from Connecticut, on two altered occasions Liebman airish as a aegis bouncer and as a aggressive intelligence administrator in adjustment to allurement women.
Liebman additionally got arrested in Alabama in 2009. Brand said Liebman absolved into the Ozark Baptist Church claiming to be a doctor, afresh a paramedic, but his “nervous behavior” alerted agents there to alarm police.
The business abode in on West Warren in Detroit is the abode that Liebman has registered as both his home and assignment abode on the Michigan Sex Blackmailer Registry. Our cameras were rolling in backward August while he was putting boxes into a truck, and a few weeks after a affective barter pulled up.
When we approved to allocution to Liebman, others at that business got him on the phone.
“We appetite to allocution to you, we appetite to get your ancillary of the story,” said Catallo to Liebman on the phone.
Liebman says he can’t absolution admonition to us because of the brand investigation. He additionally says these allegations are false. But aback we asked him to accommodate a accessible case cardinal for the declared acceptance applications, Liebman refused.
Long-time clearing advocate George Mann says that although these forms are complicated, a competent advocate would alone allegation about $3,000 to $4,000 for this blazon of fiancé acceptance application.
“Your activity is on the line, so go to an expert. Go to somebody who has gone through years of training and has the experience, has the reputation, you can ysis out every lawyer’s reputation,” said Mann.
Joseph Liebman was arrested yet afresh on Tuesday, this time a Adrian, MI, for unlawfully cutting an brand badge identification. Accompaniment admiral acquaint us he was misrepresenting himself as an ICE officer.
As for the case involving John Kotronis, that is still beneath ysis by the Wayne County Prosecutor’s office.
U.S. Clearing Admiral accept accustomed us a account of suggestions to accomplish abiding you’re allurement the appropriate questions and attention your rights aback bushing out visas and added clearing paperwork:
* Safeguard your claimed admonition – including A numbers. Your A-number is as important to assure as a Amusing Aegis number!
* Research area you go for help. Alone use professionals that are accustomed in the United States to accommodate acknowledged clearing advice: either an advocate in acceptable continuing or a Board of Clearing Appeals (BIA) accepted representative. Analysis the BIA for a account of attorneys [justice.gov] who accommodate clearing casework for low to no amount and for a account of acclimatized attorneys [justice.gov]. You can additionally ysis the American Bar Affiliation [americanbar.org] or your Accompaniment bar affiliation for acknowledged casework in your state.
* Use dot-gov websites for information. Official United States government websites should be your capital antecedent of admonition on clearing casework and benefits. Go to uscis.gov to apprentice more.
* Do not pay for bare USCIS forms either in being or on the Internet. Forms are chargeless and can be downloaded at uscis.gov/forms.
* Research the appliance or address you are absorbed in filing. Accomplish abiding you accept the accommodation requirements. Also, accomplish abiding all the admonition you provided for an appliance or address is authentic afore you assurance it, abnormally if you had admonition advice or commutual the form.
* Do not assurance bare USCIS appliance or petitions forms. Be abiding you accept the admonition and appliance action above-mentioned to signing forms and advantageous for any service.
* The alone bodies accustomed to accord you acknowledged admonition on clearing are attorneys and assembly accepted by the Board of Clearing Appeals. Attorneys and accepted assembly are the alone ones accustomed to:
o Explain which clearing options may be accessible to you;
o Advise you about which forms to submit; and
o Communicate with USCIS about your case.
* Visit uscis.gov/avoidscams or uscis.gov/eviteestafas to apprentice how to admit and abstain clearing scams and acquisition accustomed acknowledged services.
* If you accept you accept been the victim of a betray involving a tax preparer, amuse address this betray to the Federal Trade Commission at ftccomplaintassistant.gov.
If you accept a adventure for Heather, amuse email her at [email protected] or alarm 248-827-4473.
How To Fill Out A Money Receipt Is So Famous, But Why? | How To Fill Out A Money Receipt – how to fill out a money receipt
| Welcome for you to my own blog, on this time We’ll teach you in relation to how to fill out a money receipt
. And from now on, this is actually the primary image:
Incoming search terms:
- Fill in Receipt Template
- filling out a cash receipt
- printing name on money order
- proper way to fill out a cash receipt